Conestoga High School subscribes to an online document manager service called Turnitin.com. Students upload their writing assignments to the site where their teachers can not only view the assignment, but also provide feedback through its online grading program. Turnitin.com also examines submitted work against all other documents in its database, the internet, and other research sites to check for plagiarism.
Major writing assignments will be submitted using Turnitin.com. (You will be reminded in class if an assignment is to be turned in online.) To register and begin submitting assignments to Turnitin.com, please follow the steps below:
- Go to turnitin.com.
- Click on “Create an Account” in the upper-right hand corner.
- Follow the directions and links for enrolling as a “Student.” Enter your first and last names when you sign up; your name is only viewable to the instructor and no one else, not even other students in the class. Later, when you submit a document you’ll use only your first name and last initial. IMPORTANT: You will be required to use Turnitin.com for future English courses. Be sure to enter an e-mail address and password that you will remember.
- When prompted, enter the class id and enrollment passwords found below. Be sure to enroll in your correct class period.
- Period 3 class ID: 10628773 Password: period3
- Period 5 class ID: 10628781 Password: period5
- Period 6 class ID: 10628788 Password: period6
Once you have your account set up and are logged in, you’ll turn in a test assignment. Create a document like the one below and save it to your computer. When you are logged into turnitin.com, you’ll see an “Honors World Literature (Period #) link. Click the link to see the assignments for our course. You’ll see an assignment labled “Test Assignment.” Turn in your document (like the one below) by clicking the green Submit button and following the directions from there.
IMPORTANT: Be sure to follow through on all the steps to submit your assignment. Your assignment has not been submitted until you see a screen that confirms that it was turned in successfully.
DUE DATE: Your account and test assignment should be turned by the
start of class end of day Friday, 9/11, so that I can make sure everyone is registered correctly.